Timesite has the ability to install as an app into your Procore site. Once installed Timesite will monitor all time card related activities with the aim of maintaining a replicated copy of all time card records created since the Timesite Pro app was installed and activated within your Procore company.
This replication can be setup as:-
- Procore -> Timesite Pro
- Timesite Pro -> Procore
- Timesite Pro <-> Procore
Setup the link between Timesite Pro and Procore.
1. Install the Timesite Pro app into your Procore company, during installation ensure Timesite Pro has permission to interact with all existing Procore projects and any new ones created. Ensure all requested permissions are approved.
2. Once the Timesite Pro app is installed open the Timesite Pro app and go to Settings -> Automatically Import Timesheets -> Settings. click Connect to Procore.
3. If your not already logged into your Procore account you will be asked to. Once logged in you will be presented with a screen to select the Procore company to work with. Select the company you wish to work with and click OK.
4. Timesite will now setup the required links with Procore, these links will cause:-
any new time card records in Procore to be created, updated or deleted in Timesite Pro if receiving is enabled
any records to be created, updated or deleted in Timesite Pro to create, update or delete a corresponding timecard in Procore
Once these links are created the screen below will be shown.
You can control what records are synced via the settings shown.
Disconnect the link between Timesite Pro and Procore
If you wish to remove the link between Timesite Pro and Procore go to the screen in Timesite Pro:- Settings -> Automatically Import Timesheets -> Settings and click Disconnect. This will remove the links created between the two apps and remove all Procore connection data from Timesite Pro.
Receive Procore time card records as Timesite Pro timesheet records
Once the setting to enable receiving of Procore time cards and the link with Procore has been established records created, updated or edited in Procore will be collected by Timesite Pro for processing. Two system settings impact how these records are processed:-
- Only sync records for Linked Projects
- Create a new Project for each Procore Sub Job used in a Time card record
If the second setting to create a new project is enabled, the project created will be a copy of the main Timesite Pro project that is already linked to the Procore project.
Time card records received will cause the following events to occur in Timesite Pro:-
- Automatically create Users if they don't already exist.
- Automatically create Tasks if they don't already exist. Tasks will only be created if they match tasks in the .Import matching template. Timesite Pro Tasks = Procore Time type records
- Automatically create Project item records if they don't already exist. Timesite Pro Project Items = Procore Cost code records.
All data in the Procore time card except the Classification field are stored or matched to fields in the Timesite timesheet record. See below.
If Timesite Pro encounters any issues processing the received Procore records notification of the issue and the reason can be sent as an email alert, this can be configured via the Configure alerts button.
Send Timesite Pro timesheet records to Procore as Time cards
Once the setting to enable sending of Timesite Pro timesheet records to Procore has and the link with Procore has been established records created, updated or edited in Timesite Pro will be sent to Procore. One system settings impact how these records are processed:-
- Only sync records for Linked Projects
If Timesite Pro encounters any issues processing the records to send to Procore notification of the issue and the reason can be sent as an email alert, this can be configured via the Configure alerts button.
Monitor record processing
In the Timesite Pro screen:- Settings -> Automatically Import Timesheets -> Settings. There is a section at the bottom of the screen called:- Activity. This section shows the Last 20 processed messages from the sync engine, The pending or to be processed messages and the Failed messages. These messages are either sent to or received from Procore.
Unprocessed records will be shown with a reason if applicable as to why they are not yet processed and Failed records will be shown with the reason for failure.
Please sign in to leave a comment.