Our development team has finished its program for 2019 with the release of our new Messaging feature. We've seen a lot interest in improving communications with your TimeSite Pro users: mobile app notifications, onboarding emails, and the addition of announcements of new clients and projects.
We decided to take this to another level with the ability to send broadcast messages to all, selected or individual users. These messages include emails, app notifications and SMS messages. Our latest build introduces the Messaging screen to bring these capabilities to one central location. This new screen is visible depending on a new user security setting.
You can apply several filters to your user list: are they an Approver, Contractor or Employee; can they receive an email, app notification, or SMS message. You can then select one or many users to receive the broadcast message via the three different notification modes. You can include variables in the broadcast message, such as %firstname% and %approvalpagelink%.
We have also continued to enhance our payroll and invoice integration capabilities. For example, many of you use TimeSite Pro to record staff and project expenses via non-time-based activities. This might include parking fees, materials costs, distance travelled, etc. We have implemented support for MYOB's employee reimbursements feature, and the similar feature in KeyPay. Note that we are continually reviewing payroll and accounting vendor API capabilities and enhancing TimeSite Pro to take advantage of these new features and performance improvements. We've also made some additional changes to our MYOB AccountRight interface to improve performance further.
We've included the Profit Centre (aka sub-company category) in the Enquiry Available fields and Filters sections. We have also added new Reports and made several report enhancements. You may not be aware that our cost and bill rates are stored to 4 decimal places in our database. We have modified our UI to display 4 decimals accordingly.
2019 has been a busy year for our development team. We introduced many new and exciting features during this year:
- Application integration via APIs and Webhooks
- Enhanced integration with MYOB, KeyPay, Xero and others
- Invoice scheduling
- An informative timesheet lock icon
- Version 2 of our mobile app including offline synchronisation
- Improved multi-currency support
- And many, many more…
You can find more detailed information on our latest build in our Knowledge Base. We'll be reviewing our development plans for 2020 in January. If you have any suggestions or enhancement requests, please don't hesitate to let us know via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that our support team will be responding to email requests during business days over the holiday period. In the meantime, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season and best wishes for the new year.
Summary of Enhancements
- Our new Messaging feature has been released. A new help article has been published documenting the Messaging screen. A new User security setting has been introduced. Refer to Settings > Email & Messaging for additional notification capabilities and email configuration.
- Settings > Export Timesheets > Settings has been updated with new features including MYOB's Spend Money (reimbursement) and KeyPay expense integration.
- Payroll integration with various packages has been improved, particularly MYOB, Xero and KeyPay performance enhancements.
- Profit Centre is now supported in the Enquiry screen. Ensure that the Profit Centre dropdown is filtered by Department where appropriate. Enable "Profit Centre" description to be personalised.
- New reports have been included in the Report screen including Timesheet Shortfall by Fortnight and Timesheet Shortfall by Week.
- Cost and bill rates are displayed to 4 decimal places.
- Improved iOS 13 support for app notifications and home screen notification display.
- Mobile app settings are always refreshed on app login improving app reliability and troubleshooting.
- Improved small screen timesheet layout design.
- Improve User-Project linking including better support for cost and bill rates, especially for new users.
- Implemented default report variables for all new reports. This enhancement is also being implemented for existing reports.
- Improved user and client login so that they are presented with screens according to their security profile.
- Changed certain menu descriptions to be more meaningful.