This help article documents Version 2 of our mobile app for smartphones and tablet devises. Our mobile app is available for both Apple iOS and Android devices. You can download and install our mobile app from the Apple App Store and Google Play store. We recommend that you also upgrade iOS and Android to the current version. Refer to our help article on Supported operating systems, browsers and troubleshooting tips for information on our mobile operating system support guidelines.
- Mobile App Login
- Privacy & Location Services
- Main Screen
- Add and Edit Timesheet Records
- Submit Your Timesheet
- Approved Timesheets
- Approve Timesheets
- Sync Dashboard
- Kiosk Mode (tablet only)
Mobile App Login
Our mobile users login via the same email and password used to access their account in a browser. You won't be able to log in using your TimeSite user id. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the Forgot your password? link and enter your email address. We will reset your password and email your new password to you. If you have any problems with your login, please contact your account administrator.
Privacy & Location Settings
When you first install and login to the mobile app, you may be asked to allow the app to access your location. Your location is recorded whenever you clock-on and clock-off or add a timesheet record with your duration. We can track your location only while you are clocked-on. Our mobile app does not record your location when you logged out of the app or not using the app.
We do track your location and notify when you approach or leave a job site that is identified with a geofence location. We recommend that you enable TimeSite Pro to monitor your location always and that you set your device to allow TimeSite Pro to refresh its information always. Speak to your account administrator if you have any questions about this.
We also recommend that you enable the iOS settings for Motion & Fitness, Notifications, Background App Refresh and Mobile Data.
On Android devices, this is enabled via Settings > Apps & notifications > App info (see all apps) > TimeSite Pro > Permissions > Location > enabled. Alternatively, you can select Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > App permissions > Location > TimeSite Pro > enabled.
Finally, we recommend that you enable the automatic updating of your smartphone apps. We continuously update our apps with new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes. It's important that you are always using the latest version of our mobile apps.
The main app screen enables you to navigate to different screens as well as add and edit timesheet records. These screens are similar on iOS and Android devices. Our screenshots are based on the iOS app.
Tablet screen (iPad)
- This is the Review/Edit screen where you can add, edit and delete timesheet records. You can navigate to other screens via the top and bottom menus
- The Submit tab enables you to select a weekly timesheet, review the timesheet records, and then submit your timesheet for approval by your manager.
- The Approved tab enables you to review timesheets that have been submitted and subsequently approved.
- If you have clocked on, this spinning timer icon will remind you to clock off when you have completed your timesheet task. This icon will also appear when you have been automatically clocked on when you have arrived at your job site.
- The Notifications screen show messages that have been sent to the app such as a reminder to submit your timesheet. It will also show notifications generated by the app when you arrive at or leave your job site.
- Click on the date to display the date selector menu or clock on the back and forward arrows to move from day to day. You can also swipe the screen left and right to move from day to day.
- Click on the open item icon to display more details about the timesheet record.
- Click on the Records icon in the bottom menu to display the Review / Edit, Submit and Approve screens.
- The Approve screen enables a nominated timesheet approver to review submitted timesheets, approve them, or send the timesheet back to the user for correction and resubmission.
- Click on the Add timesheet record button to select New Entry (add a time-related timesheet record), Clock On (start the timer on a new time-related timesheet record), or Expense (add a non-time-related timesheet record).
- The Sync Dashboard shows new timesheet records and timesheet submits that have not yet been synchronised with the server. This will happen when you are not connected to a wifi network, a mobile data network, or you have entered flight mode. When your network connection is reestablished, these records will be synchronised with our server.
- The Settings screen enables you to configure certain mobile app settings, review your location data including job sites, and log out of the mobile app.
- The Kiosk Mode screen (tablet app only) enables the tablet app to be used by multiple staff to clock-on and clock-off using a unique PIN code.
Add and Edit Timesheet Records
The Review / Edit tab enables you to navigate to a specific date and review existing timesheet records. Touch the open entry icon (3 horizontal dots) to review more details for a timesheet record, and to edit or delete an individual timesheet record. Use the close entry icon (3 vertical dots) to close the timesheet record.
Touch the Add Record icon in the bottom menu to add a new Time or Expenses entry, or to Clock On. If you choose to Clock On, then the timer icon will appear at the top of your screen to remind you to Clock Off.
You can select the date, client (if enabled), project, task, duration, and comments field. If you selected New Entry, you will be able to select a time-related task. If you selected Expense, then you will be able to select a non-time-related task that will ask you to enter a number rather than a duration or start & end time. Depending on how your TimeSite Pro timesheet is configured, you may be able to enter additional information such as break times and other custom fields set up by your account administrator. When you have finished entering the details, click the Save button.
The Clock On screen enables you to start a timer. Once you have completed your activity, you can Clock Off to stop the timer and complete your timesheet entry. You can Clock Off by clicking on the Add Record button or by clicking on the timer icon in the top menu.
To complete the Clock Off process, you will need to complete your timesheet details. Click the Clock Off button to display the New Entry screen. You can also pause your duration timer from the Clock Off screen.
Submit Your Timesheet
The Submit tab enables you to select and review a timesheet and then submit it for approval. Select the one or multiple timesheets and click the Submit button.
You can click on a timesheet to display and review the timesheet records in that timesheet. You can then Submit your timesheet from this details screen.
The Approved tab enables you to review the status of submitted timesheets to see whether they have been approved or not. You can click on the timesheet entry to review the detailed records for that timesheet period. Note that you cannot edit timesheets or timesheet records once the timesheet has been submitted or approved. However, the timesheet can be returned to you to be corrected and resubmitted.
You may receive a variety of messages and alerts from your TimeSite Pro administrator including messages relating to the submission of your timesheet, the approval or re-submission of your timesheet. You might also receive reminders to clock-in and clock-out of a job that has been allocated to you when you arrive on-site. These notifications will display in the normal fashion on your smartphone or tablet. Note that you might also receive an email with the same notification depending on the configuration of your TimeSite Pro account.
Click on the Notifications icon in the top right corner of the app to display the Notifications screen.
Once you have actioned the notification, you can delete either a specific notification or all of them.
Submitted timesheets can be reviewed and approved on both our smartphone and tablet apps. Refer to our help article on Timesheet Approval for more detailed information on this workflow. You can select to view either or both Submitted or Resubmitted timesheets and you can approve all or selected timesheets from the Approve screen.
Note that you are looking at timesheets that other users have submitted for approval. This may or may not include your own timesheet that you have submitted from the Timesheet Submit screen.
You can open a single submitted timesheet to review the detailed timesheet records. Note that you can't edit these records because they are locked.
Once you have completed your review, you can change the status of this timesheet to Approved or Resubmit and enter a comment that will be sent to the user.
The Sync Dashboard displays any new, amended or deleted timesheet records that have not yet been sent to our server because your device is offline. This screen will also show that the app is operating in disconnected mode.
These offline records will be shown in the Records screen with a yellow border indicated they have not yet been syncronised.
Once our mobile app detects that it can connect to our server, then these records will be sent.
Note that it may take a few minutes for this synchronisation to complete. Notify your TimeSite Pro account administrator know if this screen shows any errors or records that have not synchronised for some reason.
The Settings screen enables you to select:
- your preferred time entry method (start/end time or duration)
- attachment size
- select the Client before selecting the Project which operates as a filter
- remember the last task and duplicate these details when you add a new timesheet record
- automatically clock on and clock off when you arrive and depart from your worksite
- view the location on a map of your worksite, and
- log out from the mobile app
Kiosk Mode (tablet only)
The TimeSite Pro mobile app can be set into kiosk mode to enable staff to clock on and clock off using a single tablet device. Please refer to the help article Mobile App: Kiosk Mode for more information on this feature.