Our development team have had their heads down over the last couple of months working on a new round of enhancements to TimeSite Pro. You may have noticed some of these changes already, but here's a summary of what we've been up to.
- Payroll and accounting integration with MYOB & Xero enhanced
- New invoice scheduling introduced
- Improved and expanded email & notification capabilities
- Extended API & Webhooks integration
- Improved Timesheet screen including recording locking information
The majority of our customers use either MYOB or Xero, so enhancing our integration with these two payroll and accounting solutions has been a priority for us. When you first connect to MYOB and Xero, we will automatically download payroll categories (pay items in Xero) and account numbers for invoicing and include them in the mapping pulldowns. This makes it simple to select the correct code. We've also included MYOB as a connection option when importing clients, projects and users into TimeSite Pro. You can now use the Advanced Export feature to send timesheets directly into your MYOB cloud account.
Creating time-billing invoices has always been an essential feature of TimeSite Pro, and we enhanced this capability earlier in the year. We've further improved invoicing by introducing invoice scheduling. You can create a variety of both general and specific invoicing schedules that can generate either draft or final invoices. If you've specified a final invoice, then that invoice can be automatically emailed to your client.
Several customers have suggested new features for our notifications functionality. A common request was for the implementation of an onboarding email sent when adding a new user. You can also specify emails and notifications sent when adding a new project or linking a user to a project. Finally, we've enhanced timesheet Approve and Resubmit notifications, including integration with our mobile app.
We mentioned in previous announcements the work that we've been doing on our application integration functionality. We've completed the development supporting CRUD functions operating on Client, Project, Task, User and Timesheet records. We've had this capability working for a limited group of customers for a while now. If you would like to take advantage of these integration features, please give us a call to discuss how we can help you get started. This development also means that we have been able to enhance our Zapier integration. If you would like to be an early adopter of our new TimeSite Pro Zapier app, we can send you an early access invitation.
Of course, the Timesheet screen is the heart of our solution so we'd be remiss if we didn't continue to deliver improvements here are well. We've included a new timesheet layout — Weekly Simple. Take a moment to have a look at it and let us know what you think. We've made several changes to the calendar ribbon to make it more robust and intuitive. Hover your mouse over the lock icon in a timesheet record to get a pop-up showing where and why the record is locked. We have also improved the pulldown menus enabling you to easily add new clients, projects, or tasks when adding a timesheet record.
Our Knowledge Base article has more detailed information on all these new features and capabilities. As usual, we stepped on as many bugs as we can find. But don't hesitate to let us know if you see anything that isn't working quite the way you think it should. Stay tuned for new initiatives that we have in the works that we're confident that you'll like.
Summary of Enhancements
- Add Client, Project & Task functions in the Timesheet add record panel; highlight clients with no projects, and projects with no tasks to prompt the user to rectify; Add record in the Admin screen has been enhanced to prompt the user to create a project for a new client.
- Resubmit timesheet will always send notifications to the user.
- Timesheet calendar ribbon has been enhanced to improve operations; forward and back button operation improved.
- Integration API has been completed with Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) operations available for Client, Project, User and Timesheet records.
- Project-User linking screen is available to a user with the required security rights.
- Improved reporting on Dashboard revenue chart, a detailed report will run based on the series and month clicked.
- Dashboard WIP widget has been improved.
- Lock icon on the Timesheet screen will display a popup showing detailed reasons for the lock applied.
- A new tab is available in the Invoice panel to show payments made.
- Allow old invoices (x days past invoice date) to be automatically paid by the Bad Debts account, the process runs at midnight daily, email notification of this payment will be generated.
- Appropriate locks on timesheet records will be applied depending on the operation applied to the record — export, draft invoice and finalised invoice.
- New projects will be configured with the default cost and bill rate if no rate is specified.
- Allow bill rates to be deleted if not used in a timesheet record and no users have the rate set as the default.
- Allow payments to be deleted via the invoice screen.
- TimeSite Pro will download payroll and account codes when first connected to MYOB and Xero. These codes are then available in the mapping via pulldown menus. See Payroll Integration (Export Timesheets > Settings) and Accounting Integration (Export Invoices > Settings) for more information. Payroll and Accounting integration settings included in the Quick Setup wizard.
- Export to MYOB Online has been integrated into the Advanced Export Screen.
- Audit records are able to be viewed via a button on the User record.
- Multiple enhancements to the way that images (logos) are handled including image resizing. The Login Footer logo is clickable and links to a specified URL.
- New Invoice Schedule feature has been released. See Invoice Schedule for more information.
- Multiple enhancements have been made to our email and notifications feature that makes these operations more consistent. User onboarding email has been introduced. Users will receive a notification when they are linked to a project. SMS messages will be sent to users who have not logged into the mobile app for the first time.